Sylvester Stallone, in his first interview since the tragic death of his son Sage at 36 July 13, said the death has made for a "horrible situation," but he's had support from friends and family in the toughest of times.
“It’s tough -- it’s very, very tough," the Rocky star told ABC News correspondent Cecilia Vega. “Time, hopefully, will heal, and you try to get through it, but it’s just something. It’s a reality of life.
The Expendables 2 leading man was joined in the interview by his co-stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren and Jason Statham.
“It’s so rare to get the old team together," Stallone said. "It’s like having a great team and when that combo works, it’s so rare and you just don’t want to let it go.”
It's been a difficult summer for the 66-year-old, who's half-sister Toni Ann Filiti is hospitalized at UCLA in critical condition in her battle with both lung and liver cancer.
Sage, an actor, director and screenwriter, was best known for roles alongside his father in 1990's Rocky V and 1996's Daylight.
As we previously reported, rumors Sage might have been dealing drugs, because of large amounts of empty prescription bottles that were discovered at the scene were false, sources close to the situation confirmed.
The Expendables 2 hits theaters on Friday, August 17.
radar_embed service=5min.com src=" http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1126&width=486&height=412&playList=517708439&sequential=1&shuffle=0"