Your tip
RadarOnlineRadarOnline
BREAKING NEWS

Amanda Knox’s Family Are Sick Of Getting Harassed By Italian Prosecutors

//amanda knox harassed sick splash

Feb. 14 2012, Published 5:30 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

By Debbie Emery - RadarOnline.com Reporter

Amanda Knox’s family is taking a stand against the Italian prosecutors who are determined to put her back in prison, and demanding an end to the “harassment” by lawyers determined to prolong “this terrible, painful incident."

The plea was in response to a 112-page appeal filed by prosecutor Giovanni Galati that seeks to overthrow the ruling that set Knox free and found her not guilty of the murder of her roommate Meredith Kercher in 2007, reported ABCnews.com.

Article continues below advertisement

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Amanda returned home to Seattle last October after serving four years in prison before the Italian appeals court overturned her murder conviction, and that of former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito.  

“We are not concerned about this appeal as Amanda's innocence was clearly and convincingly proven in her appeal trial," read the Knox family statement released on Tuesday.

"This is simply another example of harassment by the prosecution against Amanda and makes this terrible, painful incident continue to go on for Amanda, Raffaele and their families.”

Despite the 24-year-old being deemed innocent of the crime by the court in Perugia, prosecutor Galati said he is still "very convinced" of her guilt because the appeals court conclusion had "omissions and many errors," according to ANSA, the Italian news agency.

Article continues below advertisement

Knox still has several other legal issues outstanding in Italy, including her appeal against a conviction for slandering her former boss, Patrick Lumumba, as well as charges of slandering her police interrogators for claiming they hit her in the head during her questioning.

In a previous exclusive interview, Amanda’s father, Curt Knox, told RadarOnline.com that the family has no plans to return to Italy.

MORE ON:
Breaking News
Article continues below advertisement

"We’re more focused on getting our lives back into some semblance of normal," he told RadarOnline.com.

"It was so clear to us and so clear to the jury that Amanda and Raffaele had nothing to do with Meredith's murder.”

Advertisement

DAILY. BREAKING. CELEBRITY NEWS. ALL FREE.

More From Radar Online

    Opt-out of personalized ads

    © Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.