By Jen Heger - Radar Legal Editor
The jury deliberating in Nicollette Sheridan's Desperate Housewives lawsuit against ABC has sent a note to the judge indicating they are "hopelessly deadlocked on the verdict," RadarOnline.com is reporting.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Sheridan, 48, filed a lawsuit against the show’s creator, Marc Cherry and ABC, claiming she was fired from the show after telling executives that Cherry had hit her -- a charge he has always vehemently denied. Earlier this week, Judge Helen Bendix dismissed the battery claim against Cherry, citing insufficient evidence.
The jury foreman sent a note to the judge on Friday explaining they were unable to come to an agreement on a verdict.
"We have viewed many exhibits at length and have not had a change in opinion since early on day one of deliberations. We have had extensive discussions regarding the evidence," the note read.
Judge Bendix convened the jury for the weekend, saying: "I know how frustrating this is for you," and said she would declare a mistrial on Monday if the jury was still unable to reach a decision. The jury foreman said they were deadlocked at 8-4, without revealing which side was favored.
Meanwhile, E! is reporting that settlement talks between Sheridan and ABC are underway! Both sides are attempting to hammer out an agreement in front of Judge Bendix.
Sheridan is seeking $4 million dollars in damages.
Stay tuned to RadarOnline.com for developments.