President Barack Obama was elected to his second term in the Oval Office Tuesday, defeating ex-Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney with a 49.8 percent share of the popular vote, and some of Hollywood’s biggest stars are among those celebrating his win.
The president, delivering his victory speech in his hometown of Chicago, said, "We are greater than the sum of our individual ambitions, and we remain more than a collection of red states and blue states. We are and forever will be the United States of America.
The entertainment universe was predominantly pleased in reaction to the president's win, with a roll call of A-listers tweeting in jubilation over the commander-in-chief's defeat of Romney.
- Lady Gaga: I JUST GOT OFF STAGE IN COLUMBIA!! CONGRATULATIONS MR. PRESIDENT
- Eva Longoria: Amazing speech by @BarackObama re-elected for his 2nd term! America is and can be united for the greater good of all Americans!
- Mariah Carey: Congratulations to our beloved President Barack Obama, our spectacular First Lady Michelle Obama & the adorable Malia & Sasha. We love you! … INCREDIBLE SPEECH!!!!!! Watching in a room full of diverse people-all truly moved. Thank you America for President Obama-4more yrs.
- Rihanna: Put one in da air for the Prez!!!! Our dear Obama!
- Katy Perry: The people have the power! Proud to stand by you for 4 more years.
- Justin Bieber: alot of emotions right now. congrats President Obama...Im Canadian. Im good. #FreeHealthcare :)
- Kim Kardashian: Just landed! anxiously awaiting to see who the next president would be! Heard the good news!!!! Congrats President Obama!!!!
- NeNe Leakes: I'am so proud to be apart of history again! #Obama … Romney can head back 2 Neverland
- Rosie O'Donnell: A wonderful morning in Canada - so proud of the USA #democracylives
- Ellen DeGeneres: What an amazing night. Congratulations @BarackObama! I'm proud of our country.
- Paris Jackson: happy election day everyone…… hope some of you aren't too upset , i know some pretty butt hurt people :( ……goodnight xxo #loveobama2012 :)
- Fran Drescher: Americans have spoke w their vote. Middle class, women, gays, immigrants, the planet rejoice! 4more yrs! Now watch what happens. YES WE CAN!
- Chaz Bono: President @BarackObama makes me feel very grateful and proud to be an America. Four more years of moving Forward. God bless American
- Ricky Gervais: Well Done America. We knew you’d get it right.
- Russell Simmons: A NEW AMERICA WINS OVER BIG MONEY! I am so proud to call Barack Obama our President of the United States!
- Neil Patrick Harris: Yahoooo! FOUR MORE YEARS!
- Cher: LOVELIES WE WON ! WE WON ! YEAH WE WON ! GOD BLESS PRESIDENT OBAMA! have such a headache! TOLD A FRIEND IT’S 1 OF THE BEST NITES OF MY LIFE