Justin Bieber‘s vandalism case, in which the pop superstar is accused of egging a neighbor’s Calabasas home, is still in the hands of prosectors, who are deciding how to proceed, police Thursday night told RadarOnline.com
“Detectives from the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station presented the vandalism investigation to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office … for consideration for criminal filing,” police told Radar. “The District Attorney’s Office will review the case and will decide whether to file the case as a felony or misdemeanor, or to reject the case.”
As we previously reported, law enforcement passed the case onto prosecutors with a strong recommendation the “Confident” singer face felony charges for his alleged actions in the yolk-soaked incident, which left his neighbor with around $20,000 in damages.
A source told us Thursday’s move marked “the second time the case was turned over to the D.A.’s office,” as it “had been turned over about a week and a half ago, but was kicked back to law enforcement for further investigation.”
The 19-year-old bad boy has dominated the headlines in 2014 for all the wrong reasons, racking up arrests in Miami and Toronto in separate incidents, and raising eyebrows for the suspicious cloud of smoke that seems to follow him wherever he goes.