Amanda Bynes Has DUI Charge DISMISSED, Pleads No Contest To Reckless Driving

Splash News
Splash News

Amanda Bynes‘ two-year-old DUI charge was dismissed Monday, after the rehabbed actress pleaded no contest to reckless driving at the LAX Airport courthouse, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

The resilient former Nickelodeon star was arrested on Apr. 6, 2012, in West Hollywood, Calif., just days after she turned 26 and charged with a DUI after allegedly hitting a cop car.

Last year, Bynes’ mother Lynn was granted conservatorship of her troubled daughter after a parade of erratic and bizarre incidents, culminating in her hospitalization after setting a small fire in a neighbor’s driveway.

PHOTOS: Amanda Bynes Shows Off Half-Shaved Head At The Gym

After being released from treatment in Dec., Lynn and their family attorney Tamar Arminak told Radar in statement, “Amanda has completed her inpatient rehabilitation and she’s feeling better every day.

“She’s now looking at various colleges with the intention of majoring in fashion design,” the lawyer said.

“She’s mentioned before she’s interested in creating a clothing line. Despite the fact Bynes is no longer in a facility, her outpatient treatment is continuing. She’s very happy to re-establish the loving relationship with her family that she once shared.”

PHOTOS: Amanda Bynes Tweets More Racy Photos Of Herself

“Amanda is moving forward with her life, and has a tremendous support network around her. Her family loves and supports her and Amanda is looking forward to the next chapter of her life,” a source told RadarOnline.com.

Richard Hutton, the attorney representing Bynes, made the plea on her behalf at the LAX Airport courthouse, as the actress wasn’t required to attend the proceedings.

As part of the plea deal, Bynes will be on probation for three years, pay a fine and attend an alcohol education class.

blog comments powered by Disqus