SUBMIT
BREAKING NEWS

Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon & Kristin Davis ‘Support’ Chris Noth’s Accusers, ‘Saddened To Hear’ Alleged Victims’ Stories

sjpstatement

Dec. 20 2021, Published 9:11 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon & Kristin Davis are speaking out for the first time since their costar Chris Noth was accused of rape & sexual assault by multiple women.

The trio released a statement on Instagram — after catching heat for not commenting on the scandal for days — in which they backed up the alleged victims.

Article continues below advertisement

"We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth. We support the women who have come forward and shared their personal experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it." The statement was signed by all three women.

Earlier this week, The Hollywood Reporter broke the story of two women accusing Noth of sexual assault. A 40-year-old named Zoe and a 31-year-old Lily claim the assaults took place in Los Angeles in 2004 and New York in 2015. Both women used pseudonyms and decided to come forward after seeing Noth in the press for the Sex and The City reboot.

Article continues below advertisement
sjpstatement
Source: MEGA

Lily said, "seeing that he was reprising his role in Sex and the City set off something in me. For so many years, I buried it.” She decided it was time “to try to go public with who he is.”

Article continues below advertisement

Zoe claims the incident happened in 2004 when she was 22. She was working at a high-profile LA firm where Chris regularly came in. She claims he asked her over to his apartment where he kissed her. Zoe claims she tired to leave but he pulled her towards him and pulled off her clothing.

She claims Noth raped her. The alleged victim told the outlet she went to Cedars-Sinai where she received stitches. She spoke to the police but refused to name her assailant.

Article continues below advertisement
sarah jessica parker cynthia nixon kristin davis break silence chris noth scandal ok
Source: Craig Blankenhorn/HBO Max

Lily claims Noth "pretty forcibly" had sex with her in 2015 after meeting at a nightclub.

Article continues below advertisement

Noth released a statement denying the encounters were anything but consensual. "The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false. These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross, he said.

"The encounters were consensual. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women," he ended.

Article continues below advertisement

After the first two women came forward, actress Zoe-Lister Jones came forward to accuse the actor of being "sexually inappropriate" towards her on set.

A fourth woman, using the pseudonym Ava, claims Noth sexually assaulted her in a New York City restaurant in 2010. Noth denied the claim calling it a "piece of bad fiction."

Article continues below advertisement

The backlash against Noth has been quick with Peloton dropping his ad, his $12 million Tequila deal falling apart, being fired from CBS' The Equalizer and he was dropped by his talent agency.

sjpstatement
Source: MEGA
Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.