Prince Harry took part in the annual royal family hunt this Christmas, but a source says he only showed up to prove he isn’t whipped by his diva wife!
The former party boy joined the pheasant shoot despite widespread rumors Meghan Markle banned him from attending due to her hatred of blood sports.
A royal source exclusively told RadarOnline.com: “Harry definitely was banned from the hunt by Meghan. But when Harry saw the reports about the ban all over the news, he decided he should go on the hunt to save face.”
Readers know that ever since the two tied the knot last May, many palace insiders have deemed Meghan a bossy and controlling Duchess. Though they’ve also said that Harry, 34, is blind to her demanding ways because he’s so in love!
“The irony is though, the decision was made only with Meghan’s approval as Harry pleaded with her to let him go so it wouldn’t look as if he was under her spell, as royal aides get very suspicious when it seems as if royals are taking orders from outsiders like Meghan,” added the source.
Harry gave last year’s December 26 shoot a miss after getting together with animal-lover Meghan, 37. But this year, he chose to honor his family tradition. And despite her qualms over the matter, Meghan eventually caved and joined her husband for lunch at the Queen’s Sandringham estate after he spent the morning gunning down birds with brother Prince William and dad Prince Charles!
Meghan — a strict vegan — did not attend the hunt and only joined the royals once they had finished shooting. Frenemy Kate Middleton, however, was glad to join the family in their tradition. One day after Harry and Meghan left the Queen’s estate, Kate, 36, was seen shooting using her own customized 20-bore shotgun on the 20,000-acre grounds in Norfolk!
What do you think about Prince Harry’s decision to defy his wife? Sound off below!
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at email@example.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.