Teresa Giudice’s prison stint could be a death sentence for The Real Housewives of New Jersey. As the infamous table-flipper finishes out her first days behind bars, RadarOnline.com has learned that Bravo is seriously considering canceling the series!
“At this point, The Real Housewives of New Jersey is essentially done,” an insider tells Radar. “Bravo has considered all of their options and they don’t feel like there is really a show without Teresa. Whether the other women want to admit it or not, she is the star of the franchise. The show simply wouldn’t be the same without her.”
Giudice, 42, began serving a 15-month prison sentence on Monday in Danbury, Connecticut. Though she may be released earlier on good behavior, “Realistically, she wouldn’t even be able to begin filming until 2016,” the insider said. "Filming typically takes 4-6 months, and then production still has to edit the footage. That would be way too long of a delay for the series."
Yet another source close to the cast confirmed that the entire series is currently on a freeze. “No one has begun filming for RHONJ,” the source said. "The future of the RHONJ is clearly in jeopardy, as there hasn't been any talk about beginning anytime soon."
And although Giudice’s incarceration initially seemed to be bad news for the show, the insider said producers are increasingly happy to wash their hands of her.
“Bravo is done with Teresa and wants nothing to do with her family,” an insider said.
The whole legal drama “was too much negative press, and the Giudices were always demanding more and more money,” according to the source. "It just wasn't worth it.”
Do you think Bravo should cancel the show? Let us know in the comments!