Tony Stewart is continuing his NASCAR hiatus.
Stewart-Haas Racing said that Stewart “decided not to compete” in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. But Jeff Burton will be driving his car instead.
Beyond the race this weekend, Stewart’s future racing plans “have yet to be determined,” his team said Thursday. Stewart, 43, also pulled out of a race in New York last weekend.
- Johnny Depp's Longtime Pal, Legendary Rock N' Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck Dead At 78
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Tell-All Netflix Series Delayed To 2023 After Attacks On ‘The Crown’
- Dianne Feinstein Refuses To Retire Before Her Senate Term Ends In 2024 Despite Colleagues Arguing She Is 'Mentally Unfit To Serve'
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Ward died Saturday night in a tragic accident during a race at Canandaigua track. Stewart bumped Ward’s car, causing him to swerve into the wall. But despite surviving the crash, the tragedy occurs afterwards.
Ward can be seen in a video getting out of his vehicle and walking onto the dirt track while angrily gesturing at his fellow driver. The three-time Sprint Cup champion clipped Ward as he drove by, killing the 20-year-old driver.