Your tip

Michael Lohan Facing New Charges After Great Escape Attempt


Oct. 28 2011, Published 12:00 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

By Staff

Michael Lohan's week is ending as badly as it began, and has exclusive new details in the Lohan family saga.

Since Lohan, 51, remains in the hospital with a foot injury after he tried to escape police early Thursday morning,  he was booked -- in absentia -- back into the Orient Road jail in Tampa, Florida early Friday morning.

A jail spokesperson exclusively told that Lohan was "remotely booked" into the jail system while still being held at the hospital under police guard, which places him under the authority of the Hillsborough County Sheriff during the remainder of his medical treatment.

Article continues below advertisement

"He is still in the hospital and is expected in court on Saturday or Sunday morning," Larry McKinnon, spokesperson for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, exclusively told

"They decided to admit him into the hospital for various medical reasons on Thursday, and was transferred from the hands of the Tampa Police Department to us later that afternoon," he added.

Lindsay's dad has now been charged with violation of a pretrial condition, two violations of a domestic violence injunction, and obstruction of an officer without violence.

As previously reported, Lohan was taken into custody shortly before 2am Thursday when he allegedly violated the terms of his release from jail by calling his ex gal pal Kate Major on the phone late Wednesday night, less than 48 hours after his arrest on battery domestic violence charges in connection with a fight they'd had.

Tampa police said when they tried to catch up with the New York native at the Tahitian Inn in the early hours of Thursday where he staying, Lohan jumped out of a third story balcony before running from officers, who apprehended him after a foot chase.

Michael Lohan
Article continues below advertisement

“I saw a subject on the second floor hiding behind a pillar,” the police report states. “I yelled the def's name and told him to come down and talk. This def tried concealing himself a little more but decided to run up a stairwell as we approached him.

“As we went out to the balcony to look around, we saw the def fall from a 3rd floor balcony next to the one we were standing on."

Lohan tumbled 34 feet to the ground and came crashing down on top of wooden high chairs that were laying on the ground. He then scurried into a some trees directly below where he was apprehended by police.

He told a cameraman on the scene Major “baited” him into calling her by claiming she was about to be evicted from her apartment.

“I’m a sucker,” he said. “I’m an idiot.”

The latest incident occurred just hours after being ordered by a judge not to “even dream” about Major, reported


Michael Lohan Remains In Hospital Under Police Guard

Lindsay Lohan To Dad: Don't Come To My Court Hearing Next Week!



Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 Radar Media Group LLC. RADAR and RADARONLINE are registered trademarks. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.