While Kate Gosselin has been quoted as saying the film crew on Jon & Kate Plus 8 was “like family,” she certainly didn’t treat them as such, author Robert Hoffman claims in his tell-all expose on the reality TV queen.
“They’re like a part of us,” Gosselin said of the crew members during an appearance on The Talk in 2011.
But Hoffman paints a very different picture in Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled The World where he published a copy of the “House Rules” he claims Gosselin handed out to crew members while filming Jon & Kate Plus 8.
- This home address is NEVER to be discussed or written down. Directions to this house are not to be discussed either.
- Specific door use- side double doors on left side of house- enters into basement- no other doors in house to be used by crew members AT ALL please.
- Absolutely no smoking or drinking alcohol on our entire property (or on the road in front of our house).
- Turn lights off in apt and house every time you leave a room- no exceptions
- Approved bathroom for crew use is in apartment. This is the ONLY bathroom for crew usage. (Do not use bathrooms in house please)
- No shoes in house or apt at any time. Shoe booties (that have NOT been worn outside!) or no shoes. Period.
- Please leave thermostat in apartment where it is. When leaving, turn down to 66 degrees. Thermostat will be set to a temp- and should not be changed please.
- Use trash cans for all trash. Please remove all trash from apartment and place in outside trash cans everyday and before leaving at the end of each shoot.
- Place all towels (if applicable) in specified area before leaving.
- Absolutely no eating/ drinking in our house…. All food/ drinks need to remain in apartment.
- Completely Close doors!!!! Every time and quickly!! No exceptions.
- Please knock before entering our house-DO NOT just walk in!!!
- Crew equipment storage- all equipment should be stored in crew purchased storage box in first bay of garage. Make all equipment fit and close and lock door before leaving shoot. NO equipment should remain in apartment as we will be using apt for guests between shoots.
- Do not leave trash or any equipment behind in our house. A walk through by a PA should be done at the end of each shoot to ensure that all equipment/ trash was collected.
- Do not help yourself to tools, our equipment etc. (including product placement items) Please ask before using things that are not yours.
- Please remember, this is not a ‘set’ (or a college dorm!)– its our home!!!! We are very proud of this house, please treat it with care!!!!!!!
According to Hoffman, Gosselin, 39, even sent an email to Discovery demanding that “anytime the film crew is present Jon and or I need to also be present to let them into the house and to oversee. Therefore, I am requesting that the schedule be revised to reflect this.”
“She treats us like sh*t. She treats the kids like sh*t,” a crew member who wished to remain anonymous told Hoffman.
“She’s rude to everyone. Nothing surprises me anymore with her.”
What do you think about Kate’s house rules for the film crew — par for the course, or too harsh? Sound off in the comments below!