Philip Seymour Hoffman's Deadly Drug Cocktail REVEALED: Toxology Report Says 'Accidental' Cocaine, Heroin, Amphetamines Overdose Killed Him

Bags of heroin and syringes were found littered around Philip Seymour Hoffman‘s New York apartment after his death from an overdose earlier this month.

But has learned that that wasn’t the only drug that killed him. A newly released medical examiner’s report lists a potent cocktail of dangerous drugs as the reason for Hoffman’s tragic passing.

PHOTOS: Family & Friends Attend Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Funeral

Heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines (like Valium or Klonopin) and amphetamines (like Adderall), all contributed to a fatal “acute drug intoxication,” according to the medical examiner, who also ruled that the overdose was accidental and not a suicide.

Hoffman’s body was found in his West Village apartment after he failed to show up for a playdate with his children. Once sober for 23 years, he relapsed last spring and spent some time at a treatment facility working to get back on track.

PHOTOS: To Be Continued… Stars Who Died During Production

But in the last weeks of his life, his demons overcame him. He reportedly confessed to a bystander at the Sundance Film Festival in January that he was a “heroin addict.” That definition proved fatal just weeks later.

PHOTOS: Heroin Addicts, Coke Fiends & Celebrity Stoners — Hollywood Drug Dealers Tell All!

Hoffman died before completing his last film, the final installment of Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Though producers initially admitted he still had several pivotal scenes left, they later said they may digitally recreate him for important scenes.

blog comments powered by Disqus