Search

got a tip? call (866) 667 - 2327 OR

E-mail us a tip

Justin Bieber Will Likely Get Misdemeanor, Not Felony Vandalism Charge From District Attorney

justin bieber DA Inclined Towards Filing Misdemeanor Vandalism Charge

Egg-citing news for Justin Bieber!

The troubled singer will likely dodge a felony vandalism charge in connection with the egg throwing incident with his neighbor, because the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office doesn’t believe there is enough evidence to get a conviction and is inclined to file a misdemeanor vandalism charge, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

PHOTOS: Justin Bieber Skateboards Through Party Crowd

“There just isn’t enough compelling evidence to file a felony vandalism charge against Justin, period. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department/Lost Hills Station has been extremely over-zealous in their investigation involving Justin,” a source close to the case told Radar.

“Sending over a dozen squad cars to execute a search warrant at his house, issuing press releases when the investigation is handed over to the DA filing, it’s just not done to the average guy. The DA’s office will review the file, and determine what charges if any will be filed against Justin….it’s looking like it will be a misdemeanor vandalism charge. The estimate for repair of $20,000 to the neighbor’s house are just overblown, period. Yes there was some minor damage, but nowhere near that amount.”

PHOTOS: Justin Bieber Greets Fans Friday Night After Arrest

On Thursday the case was officially handed over to the DA. Law enforcement passed the case onto prosecutors with a strong recommendation the “Confident” singer face felony charges for his alleged actions in the yolk-soaked incident.

A source told Radar Thursday’s move marked “the second time the case was turned over to the D.A.’s office,” as it “had been turned over about a week and a half ago, but was kicked back to law enforcement for further investigation.”

READ: The X-Rated Nude Photos Justin Bieber Sexted Selena Gomez After She Called Him ‘A Drug Addict’

The fact that the case had already been “sent back to investigators shows that the DA’s office just doesn’t have confidence that felony charges are merited in this situation. It could even get kicked back again. Even with the search warrant, there just wasn’t anything uncovered that could lead them to a felony,” the insider added.

The 19-year-old bad boy has dominated the headlines in 2014 for all the wrong reasons, racking up arrests in Miami and Toronto in separate incidents, and raising eyebrows for the suspicious cloud of smoke that seems to follow him wherever he goes.

blog comments powered by Disqus