Josh Duggar’s attempts to blame others for downloading child pornography on a computer in his work office seem to be falling apart.
According to court documents obtained by Radar, the government dropped a bombshell revelation as they argued against the federal charges being dismissed against Duggar.
As we previously reported, earlier this year, Duggar was arrested on two charges related to possessing and receiving child pornography. The material was found by Homeland Security after they executed a search warrant on Duggar's car lot in Arkansas.
The feds seized a HP computer from Duggar's office and another iMac laptop from the site. The investigators also retrieved Duggar's personal cell phone on the date in question.
Previously, they told the court they found the illegal porn hidden behind a secret program on the computer. The password used to get into the program was allegedly the same password that Duggar used for his Instagram account.
Recently, Duggar's lawyers filed several motions demanding the entire case be dismissed. They are trying to poke holes in the investigation and accusing the federal agents of not following the rule book. So far, the government has scoffed at the suggestions and say their work speaks for itself.
Now, the government is responding to Duggar's attempt to escape the charges. In their filing, they describe November 8, 2019, the day they executed the warrant.
When officers arrived to the car lot, they approached Duggar and told him they had a warrant. He said he wanted to stay on the property and also asked for a lawyer. Duggar has owned the business since 2018.
The feds also encountered two other individuals at the car lot. One of them told the officers the computer they seized was used solely by Duggar and nobody else.
"Law enforcement determined that one of these individuals—identified as “Witness #3” in the defendant’s motion—worked at the car lot and interviewed him. The individual told law enforcement that he began working at the defendant’s car lot in June 2019, that he did not access the internet at work, and that the computer in the office on the car lot belonged to and was only used by the defendant," the motion read.
He told "law enforcement that he was very inexperienced with computers and did not have social media accounts. After obtaining his consent, law enforcement manually reviewed the contents of the individual’s phone on scene without the use of a forensic tool, found no evidence of criminal activity on it, and returned the device to this individual."
The second male individual said he purchased multiple cars from Duggar but never entered the office without an employee. He also allowed the officers to search his phone but they found nothing illegal.
The testimony is set to be used against Duggar in his trial which starts in November.