Your tip
RadarOnlineRadarOnline
BREAKING NEWS

Britney Spears’ Dad Jamie Steps Down As Conservator Amid Abuse Allegations

Britney Spears 29th Annual GLAAD Media Awards;Right, Jamie Spears attends Lufti v Spears court case
Source: Shutterstock(2)

Sep. 6 2019, Updated 4:37 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to FlipboardShare to Email
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Britney Spears’ father is stepping down as her conservator after he was accused of abusing her oldest son with ex-husband Kevin Federline, RadarOnline.com can confirm.

In court papers obtained from Los Angeles Superior Court, Jamie is requesting Jodi Montgomery be made the Temporary Conservator of his daughter until January 20, 2020.

He is seeking to temporarily relinquish the powers of conservatorship due to “personal health reasons.”

Article continues below advertisement

Montgomery is an “experienced professional fiduciary with the ability, experience and support resources, to take on these obligations during this time.” He claimed in the Friday, September 6 filing that she has been the care manager for Spears for a year.

The Temporary Conservator “shall have the power to restrict and limit visitors by any means, provided that the Temporary Conservator shall not prevent the Conservatee from meeting with her court-appointed attorney, Mr. Ingham.”

The conservator shall also have the power to retain caretakers for the Conservatee on a 24 hour/7 day basis, prosecute civil harassment restraining orders that the Conservator deems appropriate, communicate with treating and other expert medical personnel regarding the Conservatee, and to have access to any and all records regarding the singer’s medical treatment, diagnosis and testing, as well as psychiatric treatment, diagnosis and testing.

MORE ON:
Jamie Spears
Article continues below advertisement

Montgomery has consented to act as Temporary Conservator of Spears.

Jamie is asking for a hearing to be held on Monday, September 9 at 8:30am.

The filing comes after Spears’ ex-husband filed a police report against Jamie, claiming he abused their oldest son Sean Preston during an August 24 incident.

The District Attorney is reviewing the case, but no charges have been filed yet.

Federline was granted a temporary restraining order. Jamie is forbidden from seeing Sean Preston, 13, and Jayden, 12, for three years.

Article continues below advertisement

Spears, 37, reportedly took the boys from her father following the altercation and brought them to Federline’s home.

As RadarOnline.com reported, Federline, 41, was granted 70 percent of time with their sons, while she has the remaining 30 percent on Wednesday, August 28.

According to reports, their previous agreement was 50/50 custody.

“She is very angry at her father,” a source told RadarOnline.com. “Because Jamie is her conservator, she lost time with her boys after the alleged abuse incident and she blames him.”

Britney’s dad Jamie, who has been dealing with medical issues, has been in charge of her conservatorship ever since she suffered a mental breakdown in 2007.

She checked into a mental wellness center in April 2019 amid her father’s health crisis.

Advertisement

DAILY. BREAKING. CELEBRITY NEWS. ALL FREE.

More From Radar Online

    Opt-out of personalized ads

    © Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.