Your tip


Mar. 11 2011, Published 3:10 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Cops swarmed Charlie Sheen’s house shortly after 8 pm PT Thursday investigating a possible violation of a restraining order against the star by his estranged wife Brooke Mueller. No arrests were made.

Sheen is not allowed to own firearms under the terms of the restraining order and a spokesperson for LAPD told “it came to the attention of the LAPD that Sheen is a registered owner of firearms. LAPD is conducting an investigation to determine if Mr. Sheen is in possession of firearms or ammunition, that would violate terms of the TRO.”

Article continues below advertisement

LAPD Officer Norma Eisenman told that "Mr. Sheen was very cooperative and he is at home. He is not being arrested. The LAPD has completed their investigation. They will not be releasing their findings."

Charlie's attorney Mike Gross spoke to reporters outside the neighborhood and said the police found one 1800s-era rifle and "a few bullets."  He said that Charlie didn't have any other weapons in the house. was at Sheen’s gated community and witnessed a chaotic scene with at least five police cars arriving immediately, a helicopter flying overhead and rumors flying until police issued an official statement.

The  first police statement said: “LAPD detectives responded to the home of Charlie Sheen to investigate a violation of a restraining order that was filed on March 1. As more information is available we will release it."

Article continues below advertisement

Police notified Sheen’s attorney before going to the house, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Mueller and Sheen are locked in a custody war over their twin boys and Mueller has accused Sheen of being violent and needing psychiatric help. Sheen infamously shot then-fiance Kelly Preston by accident in the arm in 1990.

In one of his wilder interviews this week, Sheen said: “I’m really trying to contain myself right now. My lawyer wants to come over to my house and take the bullets out of my gun.” But with everything the actor has said and done recently, it was impossible to tell if he was serious.

Article continues below advertisement

As the scene at Sheen’s mansion unfolded Thursday night, a source close to the star who knew what was going on simply said: "there was some crazy sh*t" going on” inside the house.

Police began leaving Sheen’s house at approximately 10 pm PT.

In keeping with the Two and a Half Men star’s newfound popularity on the Web, his first official communication about what happened was via Twitter. ‘All good here on homefront. all reports are false. I'll explain more very soon,” he Tweeted shortly before 9 pm PT.

Article continues below advertisement

Later he Tweeted, "the LAPD were AWESOME. Absolute pros! they can protect and serve this Warlock anytime!!! c"

Sheen was scheduled to meet with at 6 pm but postponed that meeting. By 7 pm one of his “goddesses”, Natalie Kenley, told that he wasn’t able to meet yet but everything was fine.

Asked if Sheen was alright, a source close to Sheen said: “Yes he’s fine, everything is ok.”

Article continues below advertisement

Immediate speculation centered around the possibility that Sheen was the subject of a 5150, an involuntary psychiatric hold, but that proved not to be the case.

It was a fitting end to a wild day where Sheen filed a $100 million lawsuit against Warner Bros. and Chuck Lorre.


Charlie Sheen To Chuck Lorre: 'You're A Stupid, Stupid Little Man... A P*ssy Punk'

EXCLUSIVE: Two and a Half Men Shut Down, Charlie Sheen Vows To Radar: 'I'll Take Your Drug Test Monday'



More From Radar Online

    Opt-out of personalized ads

    © Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.