Your tip

VIDEO: Alex Pettyfer's Home Catches Fire The Same Night Of His Film Premiere


Feb. 25 2011, Published 9:44 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

A small electrical fire broke out Thursday in the garage of the Los Angeles home actor Alex Pettyfer is staying at, has learned, causing him to arrive late to the premiere of his new film, Beastly.

The fire was reported at 5:40 pm PT Thursday, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Erik Scott, who added that firefighters had it put out in about 20 minutes. No one was injured, and there's no word as to the extent of the damage.

Article continues below advertisement

Firefighters arriving at the home reported flames showing from a detached garage, Scott said.

Pettyfer walked the red carpet, did interviews and introduced the film at the premiere, but left after a short time presumably to deal with the fire.

It's the second time in two weeks the entertainment industry's been rattled by a house fire, as a Hollywood Hills home rented for Germany's Next Top Model caught fire February 17, tragically killing Los Angeles firefighter Glenn Allen, who died as a result of injuries he suffered battling the blaze.

Vanessa Hudgens

Pettyfer co-stars in Beastly with High School Musical’s Vanessa Hudgens. The films opens nationwide March 4.


Glee Star Dianna Agron On GQ Cover: ‘I Am Sorry’



Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2024 Radar Media Group LLC. RADAR and RADARONLINE are registered trademarks. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.