Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily

SUBMIT

Jon Gosselin Admits Mistakes, Says 'I Am Ashamed'

//infphoto_

Oct. 19 2010, Published 5:00 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Jon Gosselin is cleansing his conscience through his Twitter account and RadarOnline.com has the latest from the former TLC star.

“I am acutely aware of the mistakes I made in 2009 and I am ashamed of the choices I made,” Jon wrote.

“I have apologized to Kate, my family, and to my friends. Through counseling I have learned to own my actions. My goal is to move forward in a positive direction.”

Jon states that he posted the long note to his Twitter account Tuesday morning in an effort to “clarify a few things” and relay the negative effect that his children being on camera has had on them.

Article continues below advertisement

“The negative effects on my family was my greatest concern and far outweigh any monetary gain we received,” Jon wrote.

“Today, my children are much older than when we first started. They are acutely aware their life is markedly different from their peers.”

But Jon’s children are only a year older than when he passionately insisted they loved filming for the TV sh ow and that it had no negative impact on them whatsoever. In late July, 2009 Jon spoke for approximately five minutes on video, repeatedly stating that his kids loved being on TV and refuting claims from Kate’s brother Kevin, and sister in law Aunt Jodi that the show was harming the children. He called those claims “ridiculous.”You can watch Jon’s video interview here.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Jon posted a long note to his Twitter account last Friday as well, after losing a bid in court to keep his kids off television.

REAL OR FAKE? The Truth About Kate Gosselin's Boob Job Controversy

Jon’s children still appear on the hit TLC television show Kate Plus 8, a series that replaced Jon & Kate Plus 8.

Although a court order is in place preventing Jon to speak publicly, the father of eight feels Twitter is not a violation.

Article continues below advertisement

“Jon told me, ‘I don’t feel Tweeting violates my legal agreement,’” a close friend of Jon’s told RadarOnline.com exclusively.

“He said, ‘This is the best way I can reach people without publicly speaking.’”

Read Jon’s Tweet in its entirety:

“Due to the overwhelming amount of questions, statements, false statements in the media, I would like to clarify a few things.

“First and foremost, for people who did not watch Jon & Kate Plus 8, I stated years ago, and on television, that I no longer wanted to film and wanted my privacy back. This is not a decision I made lightly or without weighing all the factors involved. The negative effects on my family was my greatest concern and far outweigh any monetary gain we received. Today, my children are much older than when we first started. They are acutely aware their life is markedly different from their peers. They are six, and ten, and have to deal with the paparazzi! They can’t visit a public place without a crowd gathering to stare or people snapping pictures with cell phones.

“Whether the children want to film or not is completely irrelevant. Children rely on the guidance of the adults in their life to ensure their best interest. Left to their own most children would not eat properly, visit the dentist, or complete their homework. Do you think a child would choose a day on the beach instead of attending school? Of course. Is this the best thing for them? Is it the child’s decision to make? Of course not.

Article continues below advertisement
Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.