Your tip
RadarOnlineRadarOnline
BREAKING NEWS
Exclusive

EXCLUSIVE: Paris Hilton's 'Pledge This!' Lawsuit Settled - Case Dismissed!

//pledge_this

May 28 2018, Updated 10:18 a.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Paris Hilton's life just got a little more simple, after a Florida judge dismissed a lawsuit against the heiress following the news of a settlement in the case, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

EXCLUSIVE DOCUMENTS: Read The Court Papers

In 2008, Worldwide Entertainment Group Inc. filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Miami, alleging the 29-year-old heiress owed $75,000 in damages for not fulfilling promotional obligations for a film entitled, National Lampoon's Pledge This!.

Article continues below advertisement

The lawsuit alleged Hilton entered into an agreement for the production and distribution of the movie, a film in which Hilton also starred and received credit as an executive producer.

Just last month, RadarOnline.com exclusively reported that Worldwide Entertainment asked for $8.3 million in restitution for Hilton's neglected duties, the court, after conferring with experts, said they found "that these instances of failure to promote were worth $160,000."

However, in order to find that Hilton was unjustly enriched and award the money to Worldwide Entertainment, "the Court must find these services do not amount to a million dollars" and "requests the parties provide expert report and briefing on this issue."

Hilton's attorneys argued that the no-shows did not financially hurt the investors, and that the work the Stars Are Blind singer did for the film amounted to much more than the $1 million paycheck she received for it.

MORE ON:
Breaking News
Article continues below advertisement

The judge ordered an October deadline for both parties to submit their audits of how much work Hilton did, and what dollar figure to put on said services before he would make a ruling.

However, a settlement has been reached in the case and a final order of dismissal was signed off by US District Judge Federico A. Moreno on Thursday, declaring the dismissal in light of the parties settling.

EXCLUSIVE: Accused Paris Hilton Intruder Pleads Not Guilty

Article continues below advertisement

The terms of the settlement agreement must be filed with the court by the November deadline set by the judge.

It's been a rocky year for The Simple Life star who was stopped twice by police on suspicion of marijuana possession while on vacation. She was arrested in Las Vegas in August and charged with possession of a controlled substance and involved with her boyfriend, Cy Waits, in an alleged hit and run earlier this month.

Advertisement

DAILY. BREAKING. CELEBRITY NEWS. ALL FREE.

More From Radar Online

    Opt-out of personalized ads

    © Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.