Lady Gaga further cemented her status as the reigning queen of pop culture by being the first Twitter user to surpass the 25 million mark Thursday.
The Telephone singer tweeted, “#25milliontweetymonsters wow! I’m officially feeling like the luckiest girl in the world today.”
Gaga’s meteoric rise to fame has been on a similar trajectory as the social networking blog, both emerging in the limelight three years ago and gaining popularity ever since.
For the sake of comparison, let’s see how the singer — who also was the first to the 10, 15 and 20 million follower milestones — stacked up against other celebrities as of early Thursday:
- Lady Gaga: 25 million followers
- Justin Bieber: 22.5 million followers
- Rihanna: 19.7 million followers
- Britney Spears: 17.1 million followers
- President Barack Obama: 16 million followers
- Kim Kardashian: 14.8 million followers
- Oprah Winfrey: 11.6 million followers
- Paris Hilton: 7.3 million followers
- Snooki: 5 million followers