Search

got a tip? call (866) 667 - 2327 OR

E-mail us a tip

George Zimmerman & His Family Trying Raise Money For Bail Hearing

zimmerman-excl.jpg

By Jen Heger
Radar Assistant Managing Editor

George Zimmerman and his family are desperately trying to raise money for his bail hearing in connection with the second-degree murder charge for killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

The 28-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer could face life in prison and be hit with up to $10,000 in fines for the shooting death of the teen from Sanford, Florida that has caused outrage across the country since.

PHOTOS: Celebs Involved In Murder

Zimmerman appeared in court on Thursday, and the judge set his arraignment for May 29, and a bail hearing has been set for April 20.

Zimmerman’s father and extended family “are desperately trying to raise money for his bail hearing. This is why his attorney Mark O’Mara didn’t ask for the hearing yesterday, they need time to get the money,” a source close to the situation tells us.

“It would be horrible if the judge granted Zimmerman’s bail, but he was unable to get out because he didn’t have the money. Mark wouldn’t ask for the bail hearing unless he was confident money wouldn’t be an issue.”

PHOTOS: Celebs Who Died Young

It will be up to the judge to decide if Zimmerman will be given bail, and the district attorney is expected to request that he remain behind bars until the trial. If the judge grants bail, the DA will ask for an order dictating that Zimmerman wear an electronic monitoring bracelet.

“O’Mara has been told that if the judge grants him bail the prosecution will ask that George be fitted with an electronic monitoring device. It will be up to the judge to decide if George should wear a GPS device if he is able to make bail,” a source told RadarOnline.com.

Earlier this week, Zimmerman created a website asking his “supporters” to help him pay for day to day expenses “in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment.”

“I am the real George Zimmerman,” he posted on the site. “On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website’s sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries.”

 

RELATED STORIES:

George Zimmerman’s Attorney Claims His Client Is ‘Indigent’ & ‘Broke’

Florida Prosecution Will Ask Judge To Require George Zimmerman Wear Electronic Monitoring Bracelet If He Makes Bail

Trayvon Martin’s Parents ‘Have A Sense Of Peace’ After George Zimmerman’s Arrest

George Zimmerman In Custody, Charged With Second Degree Murder

blog comments powered by Disqus