Paula Patton is turning heads as the femme fatale alongside A-lister Tom Cruise in the upcoming blockbuster Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, and RadarOnline.com has seven things you may not know about the actress featured in one of the season’s most-anticipated films.
7. She’s married to a star: Patton, 36, wed Robin Thicke, the smooth-singin’ son of Growing Pains dad Alan Thicke, on June 11, 2005. The two were teen sweethearts who met when she was 15 and he was 14.
6. She’s a mom: The couple welcomed their first child, son Julian Fuego Thicke, in April 2010.
5. She inspired Thicke’s easygoing 2006 smash hit, Lost Without You, and she’s been frequently seen in his videos as well.
4. You’ve seen her here-and-there: Patton’s resume includes stints in films such as 2009′s Precious, 2006′s Deja Vu and 2005′s Hitch. She also starred in the OutKast period musical Idlewild in 2006, and appeared on Law & Order: SVU in 2010.
3. She got down and dirty in shooting Mission: Impossible: “I was doing physical stunts, feet in the mud, fingernails full of dirt, shooting and fighting for my life,” she tells GQ in the magazine’s January issue, in which she’s featured in a sexy pictorial.
2. Stardom wasn’t a far reach for the gorgeous actress: A native of Los Angeles, and USC alum, Patton grew up with her family across the street from the 20th Century Fox lot.
1. She’s got something in common with Justin Bieber: The actress, also a singer, worked with hip-hop superstar Usher, providing backup vocals for the song Can U Handle It? off his smash-hit album Confessions.
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol opens on Wednesday, December 21.