There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned celebrity feud to grab the gossip column headlines, but Hollywood stars get just as much attention when they bury the hatchet with their one-time enemies; here’s a selection of our favorite kiss and makeup stories.
Chris Brown and Drake is
1. The feud between Chris Brown and Drake is well and truly over. The R&B stars — who were once arch enemies allegedly over their shared love for on-again-off-again girlfriend Rihanna — made light of their rivalry at this year’s ESPY Awards. In a funny skit Brown pretended to be the surgeon performing an appendectomy on the show’s host, Drake.
Jay-Z and Kanye West
2. Jay-Z and Kanye West always seem to be at loggerheads, but the frequent collaborators always make up in the end. This time – after leaving Jay-Z’s name out of his songs twice during a gig shortly after his mentor no-showed his wedding to Kim Kardashian – West went on to say in an interview that he can’t work with “anyone that isn’t No.1.” The Brooklyn rapper was top of his list.
Kelly Osbourne and Lady Gaga
3. In October 2013, Kelly Osbourne tweeted an apology to Lady Gaga. The TV presenter had dissed the star for trying to end their long feud with a birthday cake the singer delivered – via her mom Sharon – during a visit to The X Factor U.K. set. Osbourne wrote: “@ladygaga I acted like a child last night…we will end this like adults I don’t want 2 fight anymore.”
Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton
4. The feud between former BFFs Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton was once so bad it disrupted the filming of their hit reality TV show, The Simple Life. The two Hollywood socialites even had to be filmed separately. Despite falling out in 2005, Hilton and Richie would reunite, posing together with a friend at a December 2013 event.
Jimmy Kimmel and Kanye West
5. Strictly speaking, Jimmy Kimmel had no problem with Kanye West. The late night funny man just parodied the rapper’s BBC interview in a 2013 skit and Mr. Kardashian took offense. After hurling abuse at the comedian via Twitter, West went on Jimmy Kimmel Live! – to rant again – in his own unique way of burying the hatchet.
Tom Crusie ad Brooke Shields
6. “When Tom becomes a woman and has a baby and has postpartum, then he can become an expert.” That’s what Brooke Shields told People in 2005 after Tom Cruise publicly criticized her for using prescription drugs to treat her post-baby blues. The two later made up, however, when the Top Gun actor sent the actress a baby basket after she gave birth to her second daughter Grier in April 2006.
Katie Couric and Kim Kardashian
7. Another celebrity baby, another gift and another feud. This time it was Katie Couric who sparked the ire of Kim Kardashian when – after sending her a present to celebrate the birth of daughter North – the talk show host told a magazine she didn’t understand why the Kardashians are famous. But they’re friends again after posing at a Fourth of July party in the Hamptons this year.
Jamie Foxx and LL Cool J
8. “When you’re grown, you don’t really have time for all that.” That’s what Jamie Foxx told MTV in 2006 about making up with LL Cool J seven years after he came to blows with the rapper on the set of the Oliver Stone football film Any Given Sunday in 1999.
Pharrell Williams and Will.i.am
9. Presumably Pharrell Williams is “Happy” that his trademark dispute with Will.i.am over the use of the phrase “I Am” has come to an end. Calling the case “ridiculous,” Williams said in 2013 that he is “someone who likes to talk things out.” It seems the music men did just that because in March 2014 they came to a settlement and dropped their lawsuits against each other.
Jay-Z and Solange Knowles
- Pink Goes Nuclear On 'Rolling Stone' & Drags 'Jersey Shore' Star Snooki Into The Mix: 'Style Over Substance'
- Tori Spelling Seen Drinking Vodka With Snooki In The Morning, Hours Before Shooting New MTV Show 'Messiness'
- Beach Ready! 'Jersey Shore' Cast's Shocking Plastic Surgery Transformations Revealed
10. As celebrity feuds go few have been as public, violent and head scratching as the one between Jay-Z and his sister-in-law Solange Knowles, which took place in a New York elevator earlier this year after the Met Gala. Days after CCTV footage of the singer kicking and hitting the rapper was released the famous clan released a statement saying: “They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
Keith Richards and Mick Jagger
11. The list of feuds these old school friends have had with each other is a long one. But the latest spat between Rolling Stones Keith Richards and Mick Jagger came to an end a couple of years ago after the guitarist apologized to the singer for disparaging remarks he made about him in the memoir, Life. For the record, Richards said Jagger was “unbearable” to be around, and joked about the size of his penis.
Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor
12. It’s a good woman who can forgive her friend after the pal swiped her husband from her right under her nose. Debbie Reynolds said she made peace with Elizabeth Taylor years after the raven-haired bombshell ran off with Eddie Fisher. The actresses reunited after they ended up on the same ocean liner and Reynolds left a note in her former love rival’s cabin.
Jon Hamm and Kim Kardashian
13. In a 2012 interview with Elle U.K., Jon Hamm essentially called Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian “f**king idiots,” saying that “stupidity” is now celebrated in our culture. Kardashian didn’t take too kindly to his comments and the Mad Men actor later backtracked, saying he was talking about the “pervasiveness of something in our culture,” rather than the reality TV star personally, per se.
Candy Spelling and Tori Spelling
14. There’s nothing like calling your daughter a “middle-aged reality show” star and accusing her of using her kids as “props” to cement a family feud. But, surprisingly, despite those icy comments Candy Spelling and her daughter Tori have since made up.
Jon Voight and Angelina Jolie
15. It took almost a decade for Jon Voight and Angelina Jolie to end their feud. Back in 2002, long before she became a mother-of-six, he said on TV that the actress should “get help” because she had “serious mental problems.” In 2011 he told the U.K.’s Mail On Sunday they were no longer estranged because: “I suddenly saw things differently and everything shifted.”
Monica and Brandi
16. In a 2012 interview on Hot 97 Monica made a startling admission – she once came to blows with fellow R&B singer Brandy. That same year she told OMG.com that motherhood and maturity had led to their reconciliation. She even said the two, who converged on the 1998 hit “The Boy Is Mine,” “were spending regular time together.”
Joy Behar and Snooki
17. Sobering. That’s the word Joy Behar used to describe Snooki’s apology to her after the reality TV star and J-Woww made did a searing parody of the comedian. Speaking on The Wendy Williams Show, the Jersey Shore star said: “We feel bad about it and I’m a big fan of The View.”
NeNe Leakes and Kim Zolciak
18. The Real Housewives of Atlanta stars NeNe Leakes and Kim Zolciak seemed to delight in torturing each other – whether or not the TV cameras were rolling – and continuing their spats on social media. So when they buried the hatchet in 2013, they naturally tweeted about it. Zolciak said on Twitter: “My heart is at such peace @neneleakes best chat ever!”
Lily Allen Katy Perry
It’s no surprise that Lily Allen took offense when pop star Katy Perry said in a 2008 interview that she was a “skinnier version” of the Brit singer. Allen quickly spat back, calling Perry “an American version of me.” The “Roar” singer later apologized, saying she was joking and she “didn’t mean anything by it.”
Ashton Kutcher and Miranda Lambert
In 2012, underneath a photo taken with Ashton Kutcher, Miranda Lambert tweeted: “He is sweet and lives country music!” Earlier on that year she took the Two and a Half Men actor to task for apparently mocking country music as he presented her with an honor at the Academy of Country Music Awards.