A woman’s request for a permanent restraining order against Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer was rejected on Thursday.
According to ESPN, earlier today, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman ruled against the woman’s request for a permanent restraining order against the MLB pitcher, which consequentially dissolved the temporary restraining order against Bauer that was already in place.
The woman previously accused Bauer of sexual assault. She claimed the injuries she sustained during two of their previous sexual encounters were the result of Bauer hitting her against her will and without her consent.
The judge, though, ruled that Bauer was not a threat to the 27-year-old woman and that the injuries she sustained were consented to by her.
According to ESPN, during the case Thursday the Los Angeles judge said that the "injuries as shown in the photographs are terrible. If she set limits and he exceeded them, this case would've been clear. But she set limits without considering all the consequences, and the respondent did not exceed limits that the petitioner set."
Shawn Holley, Trevor Bauer’s powerhouse attorney, made a public statement after the trial.
"We are grateful to the Los Angeles Superior Court for denying the request for a permanent restraining order and dissolving the temporary restraining order against Mr. Bauer today," Holley said.
"We have expected this outcome since the petition was filed in June. But we appreciate the court reviewing all the relevant information and testimony to make this decision."
Thursday marked the end of the four-day hearing to decide if the temporary restraining order already in place against Bauer would be dismissed or made permanent. According to ESPN, a permanent restraining order could have lasted up to five years.
During the trial, the woman reportedly provided explicit details of Bauer allegedly choking her unconscious, punching her, sodomizing her without her consent and injuring her so badly that she had to go to the hospital. The woman reportedly testified for more than nine hours over three days of the trial.
According to ESPN, The Pasadena Police Department has been investigating the claims against Trevor Bauer for more than three months. They have yet to make any charges or arrests in the matter. The MLB has been conducting its own private investigation of the alleged incidents for more than seven weeks.
Bauer has been on administrative leave from the MLB since July 2nd. His current extension of administrative leave ends Friday night. According to ESPN, the MLB is not likely to make a decision on a potential suspension until the criminal investigation against Bauer is concluded.
In her closing statement, Lisa Helfend Meyer, an attorney for the alleged victim, said: "Whatever happens, my client has revealed who Trevor Bauer truly is for all the world to see. Hopefully, he will get help and not do this in the future under the guise of rough sex."