According to court documents obtained by Radar, Maxwell’s lawyers recently met with prosecutors to hash out things ahead of the upcoming trial.
Epstein’s former pal has been complaining that the government hasn’t revealed the names of certain victims mentioned in the superseding criminal indictment.
In July 2020, Maxwell was arrested on charges related to the sexual abuse of young women by Epstein. Prosecutors said Maxwell helped recruit the young women for Epstein to sexually abuse.
The unidentified victim claimed she was 14 years old when Maxwell brought her into Epstein's world in 2001. The girl said she was paid by Maxwell to give Epstein sexual massages between 2001 and 2004.
The prosecutors say the alleged victim was paid “hundreds of dollars in cash for each encounter” at Epstein’s Palm Beach mansion. She was told to “recruit other girls to engage in paid sex acts with Epstein, which she did.”
In court documents, it was revealed that the government will turn over the names of the alleged victim referenced in the superseding indictment by September 13, 2021.
The government says they understand Maxwell wants the names immediately but that isn’t going to happen. They note, “the parties previously agreed, and the Court ordered, that the Government would provide the defense with the identities of the victims 8 weeks before trial, on May 17, 2021, assuming trial were to begin as scheduled on July 12, 2021.”
Maxwell isn’t pleased with the government’s position. She says they offer no “justification for continuing to withhold” the identities of the alleged victims. Epstein’s pal claims this is hurting her ability to build her defense.