Angels Employee Reveals Tyler Skaggs Snorted Oxycodone On Night Of His Overdose

Tyler Skaggs Snorted Lines of Oxycodone On The Night He Died
Source: Shutterstock

Oct. 13 2019, Updated 3:03 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to Email

Tyler Skaggs snorted lines of oxycodone on the night he died, has learned.

According to reports from ESPN, the man who has administered drugs to the MLB player revealed he witnessed Skaggs snort substances while in his hotel room just hours before he passed.

Eric Kay, who is the director of communication for the Anaheim Angels told the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration he "provided oxycodone to Tyler Skaggs and abused it with him for years."

Article continues below advertisement

Ahead of the team's trip to Texas where they were scheduled to play against the Rangers, he shared "he illegally obtained six oxycodone pills and gave three to Skaggs."

When he later visited him in his hotel room, he watched as the pitcher allegedly "snorted three lines of crushed opioids in front of him," two of which he thinks were opioids and the third, which he says was another substance he couldn't identity.

Kay told DEA agents he does believe the pills he gave Skaggs were the same ones the pitcher that killed him because he'd usually take the upon receiving them. He also claimed Skaggs asked for more oxycodone, but he was unable to fulfill the request, the sources said.

In the ESPN reports, receipts from Skaggs previous transactions with Kay over the years were obtained, disclosing the Angels player would sometimes spend as high as $600 for drugs.

Tyler Skaggs
Article continues below advertisement

Kay also alleged that two team officials were told about Skaggs' drug use long before his death.

As readers know, the Southlake Police Department responded to a call about an “unconscious male in a room in the Hilton Hotel.”  The 27-year-old was found “unresponsive” and pronounced dead at the scene.

Toxicology reports ruled his death an accident, disclosing he had a combination of fentanyl, Oxycodone and Oxymorphone in his system at the time of his death.

The autopsy stated the pitcher’s tragic cause of death was due to the mixture of “ethanol, fentanyl and Oxycodone intoxication with terminal aspiration of gastric content.”

Following their tragic loss, Skaggs family released a statement. "We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol,” it read. “That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much."

The Angels also shared some words regarding his passing.

“It is with great sorrow that we report Tyler Skaggs passed away earlier today in Texas,” the Angels said in a statement. “Tyler has, and always will be, an important part of the Angels family. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Carli and his entire family during this devastating time.”



Opt-out of personalized ads

© Copyright 2023 Radar Media Group LLC. RADAR and RADARONLINE are registered trademarks. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.