Your tip

Police Uncover Mackenzie Lueck's Body 1 Week After Man Charged With Murder

Mackenzie Lueck body being found
Source: Facebook

Jul. 5 2019, Published 5:20 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to FlipboardShare to Email
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

The Salt Lake City Police Department confirmed on Friday that Mackenzie Lueck's body has been found, can report.

The news comes just one week after the 23-year-old University of Utah student was confirmed dead and a man was charged for her kidnapping and murder.

In a press conference held on July 5, police chief Mike Brown said he placed another "devastating" phone call to Lueck's parents, Greg and Diana, to deliver the news that her body was found in Logan Canyon in Utah.

Article continues below advertisement

"In the wake of this tragic, tragic incident, I'm relieved and grief-stricken to report that we have recovered Mackenzie Lueck in Logan Canyon," Brown announced, adding that he hopes the somber development will help give the college student's family "some closure." reported that the missing college student was last seen on June 17 getting into a vehicle with an unknown individual. On June 28, the individual was exposed as Ayoola Ajayi, 31, who was taken into police custody.

Mackenzie Lueck

Ayaji has been charged with aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, obstruction of justice and desecration of a body.

Ajayi's arrest came after a forensic excavation conducted at his home resulted in charred items of Lueck's in his backyard. The late student's human tissue was also discovered in the yard.

Lueck's disappearance garnered online critics who claimed the young woman was on dating websites seeking "sugar daddies." While Lueck's dating app activity has not been released by authorities, police confirmed that Ajayi initially lied to police, claiming he did not even know what she looked like. Later, cops identified several photos of Lueck on the suspect's phone.

On Friday, Utah officials asked the public to show "respect" for the family during this difficult time.

"I hope we take the time this weekend to talk to our loved ones and work together to help prevent crimes like these from occurring," Brown added.

The Salt Lake City Police Department confirmed Lueck's death continues to be an open investigation. The suspect is expected to appear in court next week.



More From Radar Online

    Opt-out of personalized ads

    © Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.