Federal prosecutors will move to ban cameras from filming Teresa Giudice if she is allowed to serve house arrest instead of jail time after the “Real Fraudwife" pled guilty on Tuesday to an array of fraud charges, RadarOnline.com has been told.
Teresa is the sole breadwinner for the family and "wants to continue to film The Real Housewives of New Jersey for as long as possible. There is no question that Teresa would absolutely film while under house arrest,” a source said.
"Prosecutors will ask that if the judge sentences Teresa to house arrest that no cameras be allowed to film during that time.”
Charged one law enforcement official: "Serving a prison sentence isn't glamorous or fun and officials don't want it to look like it is."
While Teresa faces 27 months in prison, husband Joe Giudice could get 46 months and is likely be deported back to Italy.
“You can count on Teresa to plead her case to the judge during her sentencing hearing… She really hopes to serve her prison sentence at home because the idea of going to prison absolutely terrifies her," a source previously told us.
“Today, I took responsibility for a series of mistakes I made several years ago,” Teresa, 41, said in a statement after pleading guilty.
“I have said throughout that I respect the legal process and thus I intend to address the court directly at sentencing. I will describe the choices I made, continue to take responsibility for my decisions, and express my remorse to Judge Salas and the public.”
“I am heartbroken that this is affecting my family—especially my four young daughters, who mean more to me than anything in the world,” said the mom of Gia, 13, Gabriella, 9, Milania, 8, and Audriana, 4. “Beyond this, I do not intend to speak specifically about the case outside of court, at the recommendation of my attorney and out of deference to the government and our legal system.”
Originally indicted on 39 counts last July, the ante was upped on Nov. 18 to 41 counts with new charges stemming from a $361,250 mortgage loan that Teresa obtained in 2005 in which Joe falsely states that Teresa was employed as a realtor with a monthly salary of $15,000.
Teresa was in fact unemployed at the time.
The original bank and bankruptcy fraud charges centered on their inability to file tax returns from 2004 to 2008.
Law enforcement authorities claimed the controversial couple filed fraudulent mortgage and other loan applications from 2001 to 2008, a year before their show debuted.
Prosecutors said the couple submitted fake W-2s, tax returns and bank account information to lenders.
They also alleged the Giudices received about $4.6 million in mortgages, withdrawals from home equity lines of credit and construction loans.
In the next several months, "Teresa and Joe will meet with probation officials and a formal report will be prepared for the judge. The judge has the sole discretion in sentencing," the source added.
Sentencing will take place in July.