Cory Monteith’s Death: Coroner Rules Cause Was ‘Heroin And Alcohol Toxicity’

Cory-Monteith-coroners-report-death-accidental

Oct. 2 2013, Published 5:56 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Cory Motheith’s shocking death has been ruled accidental by the coroner’s office who completed their investigation and said that he died of “combined heroin and alcohol toxicity.”

The British Columbia Coroner’s report says the 31-year-old Glee star was found in the Canadian hotel on July 13, 2013 and was “clearly deceased and resuscitation was not attempted.”

In his room the authorities found drug paraphernalia, “including a spoon with drug reside and a used hypodermic needle.” Also found in the room were two empty champagne bottles and “multiple glasses located on a nearby table.”

Article continues below advertisement

Monteith’s toxicology report showed his blood alcohol level was .13% and “morphine, codeine and 6-monoacetyl (an unambiguous metabolite of heroin).”

It also stated he “had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs,” and that “after a period of cessation from opiod drug use, a previously tolerated drug concentration level may become toxic and fatal.”

His girlfriend Lea Michele was heartbroken after his death and had tried to stage an interview for him prior to his overdose, but she has returned to work on Glee where his death will be addressed in the new season.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.