By Leah Ornstein - Radar Style & Beauty Editor
What will Modern Family star Sofia Vergara be noshing on Super Bowl Sunday?
When he’s not busy escorting his sultry A-list actress to awards shows and other exclusive red carpet events, Sofia Vergara’s boyfriend of several years, Nick Loeb, is a politician and a career foodie!
Just in time for Super Bowl Sunday, Loeb, who founded and owns all-natural crispy onion topping Loeb’s Onion Crunch, is revealing his favorite game day recipes – and RadarOnline.com has them for you!
From Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Crunch Dip (think sundried tomatoes, walnuts and crunchy onion yuminess) to Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Onion Crunch Dogs (forget about counting calories on Super Bowl Sunday!), his innovative dishes are sure to impress your guests way more than store bought chips & dips and chicken wings.
Roasted Red Pepper and Onion Crunch Dip
8 oz jarred roasted red pepper
4 oz sundried tomatoes in oil
4 oz Feta cheese
1/8 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 tbls balsamic vinegar
1/2 clove of garlic
1/4 to 1/2 cup of olive oil (to desired consistency)
1/4 cup of Loeb’s Onion Crunch
1.Puree all ingredients, except oil in food processor.
2. With processor running, add oil in a slow stream until incorporated.
3. Shake some extra Loeb’s Onion Crunch on finished product to give it an extra crunch.
Serve with pita chips, crackers, or tortilla chips
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Onion Crunch Dogs
1 tsp ketchup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
4 large hot dogs, knockwurst, or kielbasa
1/2 ounce cheddar cheese, cut into long sticks
2 Tbsp Onion Crunch
1 cup refrigerated sauerkraut, drained, roughly chopped
4 slices bacon
4 long hot dog buns
1. Prepare your grill for direct medium high heat.
2. Mix together ketchup and mustard in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the sauerkraut with the ONION CRUNCH, set aside. Slice open the hot dogs, down the center, lengthwise, forming a deep pocket in each, but not cutting all the way through. Coat the inside of each hot dog with the mustard ketchup mixture.
3. Place a strip of cheese deep within the pocket of each hot dog. Top with sauerkraut and onions. Encapsulate the cheese at the ends with the sauerkraut mixture as well, so that no cheese is exposed (otherwise it will drip out when cooking).
4. Wrap a strip of bacon around each stuffed hot dog, securing with toothpicks at each end.
5. Coat your grill surface with vegetable oil. Place the stuffed hot dogs on the grill, stuffing side down. Grill for 2 minutes, until the bacon on one side is cooked, turn the hot dogs a quarter turn and continue cooking until bacon is done.
6. Remove toothpicks place in toasted buns and serve.
Onion, Sausage & Pepper Pizza
1 cup ONION CRUNCH topping
1 cup green bell pepper strips
2 (4-ounce) links turkey Italian sausage
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
3. Add green bell pepper strips, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
4. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan, and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble.
5. Add crushed red pepper and diced tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
6. Spread sausage mixture evenly over cut sides of bread, and sprinkle evenly with cheese & Onion Crunch.
7. Place bread halves on a baking sheet.
8. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut each pizza in half and enjoy!
Break Out The Chips And Dip, See Inside America's Best Super Bowl Man Caves