With the highly-anticipated remake of Footloose hitting theaters today, we’re taking a closer look at its’ leading man, dancer turned actor Kenny Wormald.
Here’s five things we bet you didn’t know about the silver screen’s newest fleet-footed phenomenon.
5. You've probably seen him on MTV (or YouTube): Among the music videos the 27-year-old Boston native has danced in, include Mariah Carey's "It's Like That," Nelly Furtado's "Promiscuous Girl," Christina Aguilera's "Candyman," and Chris Brown’s “Gimme That.”
4. The first time he saw Footloose was on VHS: The original Footloose hit theaters February 1984 -- or, four months before he was born. Wormald told the Vancouver Sun he was 10 when he first saw the iconic dance film. "I can remember being blown away. Kevin Bacon looked so cool and masculine and that gave me the motivation to keep dancing," he said.
3. In regards to the many passionate smooches he shares with co-star Julianne Hough in the film, we’ll have you know he said Ryan Seacrest was "cool" with him kissing his significant other.
2. Dont'cha wish your ex was hot like his: Wormald dated Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts for three years.
1. Without New Kids on the Block, he wouldn’t be starring in Footloose: Like rapper-turned-A-lister Mark Wahlberg, NKOTB played a critical role in the eventual success Wormald would go on to in show business. After his mother saw him dancing up a storm to a NKOTB video when he was 6, she knew he had immense potential and enrolled him in lessons at the Sherry Gold Studio. He took home top honors in many amateur dance competitions throughout his teens, and the rest is history.