Bruce Beresford-Redman, the Survivor producer accused of murdering his wife, is due in a Los Angeles courtroom Tuesday for a hearing in which his lawyers will argue he's being held unconstitutionally, as prosecutors in the case haven’t shown enough evidence to keep him in custody.
Prosecutors counter it's too early in the case to present the evidence against Beresford-Redman, RadarOnline.com has learned.
Beresford-Redman, 38, is fighting extradition to Mexico, where he's been charged with aggravated homicide in his wife Monica’s death in Cancun almost eight months ago. He says he's not guilty.
The Emmy-nominated producer has been in custody since November 16, when he was arrested on a fugitive warrant in connection with the homicide charge. He was denied bail on November 30.
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Bruce, Monica and their children, 5-year-old Camila and 3-year-old Alec, had been staying at the Moon Palace resort in Cancun, when Monica, 41, was reported missing after not returning from a shopping trip. Her body was found in a sewer at the resort April 8, and authorities said there were signs of asphyxiation and major damage to her right temple.
Stay with RadarOnline.com for more on this story as it unfolds.
RADAR EXCLUSIVE: See Mistress' Plane Ticket