Lindsay Lohan didn’t turn-up for the premiere for Machete because she didn’t want the media circus surrounding her to detract from the movie, the director of her new movie project told RadarOnline.com exclusively.
While Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez dazzled on the red carpet of Robert Rodriguez’s new movie, Lohan – who has a part in the slasher-style flick – was a no show.
And Matthew Wilder, who will direct Lohan in her next film Inferno about tragic porn star Linda Lovelace, told RadarOnline.com that Lohan is “doing fine” since being released from UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Wilder told RadarOnline.com: “Lindsay is doing fine - she’s just trying to adjust to a normal life again.”
The director says the actress had her own reasons for skipping the premiere and he respects that decision. “She decided if she went to the Machete premiere then all the attention would be on her and not the film and that would not be fair.”
Wilder goes on to say, “I think that was a smart move and Lindsay is just concentrating on the future right now and we are both looking forward to working together.
- Johnny Depp's Longtime Pal, Legendary Rock N' Roll Guitarist Jeff Beck Dead At 78
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Tell-All Netflix Series Delayed To 2023 After Attacks On ‘The Crown’
- Dianne Feinstein Refuses To Retire Before Her Senate Term Ends In 2024 Despite Colleagues Arguing She Is 'Mentally Unfit To Serve'
“I really enjoyed the movie and felt that she did a great job with her role too.”
Since being released from UCLA earlier this week after serving 22 days of her 90 day rehab sentence, the troubled actress has already been inundated with several offers including a $1 million deal to do a radio talk-show with her mom, Dina Lohan.
And despite the fact that all her troubles stemmed from a 2007 DUI arrest, Li-Lo wasted no time in getting her license reinstated in Santa Monica before getting back behind the wheel of her rented Maserati sports car.
But the 24-year-old star has not fully put her legal problems behind her. A trial date has now been set for January 31, 2011 in a civil lawsuit surrounding a wild car chase back in 2007.