INSIDE-OUT CHEESE SANDWICH Tom, Katie, Victoria (Photo: Getty Images) • Manicured mannequins: Marc Jacobs' plaything Posh Spice is trading slimming tricks with playpal Katie Holmes—much to the chagrin of Tom Cruise, who contends he's perfectly capable of telling Katie what to do and how to do it.
• Freaks and geeks: Hot on the trail of campus favorite Ron Paul ... and yes, dude is still in this thing!
• Electoral mastery: Hated ex-Italian premier and Bush buddy Silvio Berlusconi resumes premier power (again) today. Sigh.
• Tax pirate: Funnyman Sinbad might soon have an unwanted Houseguest: the IRS.
• One person's trash-talk, another's treasure: Presidential hopeful McCain is banking bucks on Obama's "wrongly chosen words" concerning gun-happy, unhappy religious nuts.
• Fallout baby: Singer Ashlee Simpson and her boyfriend Pete Wentz are not only engaged, but expecting a baby. Cue the pervy comments from dad-ager Joe Simpson about not being able to cover up her post natal suckers .
• All apologies: GOP congressman Geoff Davis personally delivered a letter of apology to the office of Barack Obama following remarks he made over the weekend calling Obama a "snake-oil salesman" and a "boy." Somewhere, a Clinton laughs maniacally.