TEEN-ANGST Shooting at SuccessTech
• School daze: It has been a dreadful week of youth-related violence. A man was killed after shooting spree that left as many as 5 students dead in Wisconsin, a girl fight in a school locker room was captured on film and posted on YouTube, and today a suspended 14-year-old student shot several in a rampage in Ohio before killing himself.
• ER scandal: Dozens of hospital employees have been suspended for accessing George Clooney's medical records after a motorcycle accident last month. Clooney plays the doctor's advocate: "While I very much believe in a patient's right to privacy, I would hope that this could be settled without suspending medical workers."
• Secondhand despots: After passing an ordinance forbidding smoking in apartment buildings, members of the Belmont City Council in California receive death threats and accusations of Nazism.
• Grin and bare it: Natalie Portman defends de-robing for the short film Hotel Chevalier, saying, "This is something I'm really, really proud of." And why not? We fully believe her when she says the rapt attention paid to the screen by college-age boys is due to Anderson's "attention to detail."
• Hoppy ending?: Greenpeace Australia announces the solution to global warming: Eat more 'roo.