RESTING HIS EYES Bush • Counting (lame) ducks: In the year-end issue of People, President Bush calms the fears of the parents of troops by saying, "I'm sleeping a lot better than people would assume."
• Bad seed: The accuser in the Duke rape case reportedly gave birth last night, nine months after the night in question.
• Mook on mook action : New Jersey legislators have passed a law that would make the Garden State the third in the nation to allow gay civil unions.
• Red's Almost Dead: US Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte said that Cuban President Fidel Castro's death will "not be much longer ... months, not years."
• Impeachment?: Pageant officials and the grave digging Donald Trump are reviewing the questionable behavior of the current Miss USA Tara Conner. In question: The Kentucky native's "conduct at New York City bars."
• <a href="http://wwd.com/issue/article/111414
" target="_blank">Top models: Marketing researchers found that Oprah-wannabe Tyra Banks is the most recognizable name in modeling right now at 78% level of familiarity, followed by Cindy Crawford, Christie Brinkley and Naomi Cambell. Even the super-overexposed Kate Moss took the fifth placebehind Tyra at mere 56%.