Your tip

Eminem In Shock: Sister-In-Law Found Dead Of A Drug Overdose

//Eminem sister in law dawn scott dead overdose pp

Jan. 20 2016, Updated 4:31 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to XShare to FlipboardShare to Email
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

After years of pleading with Eminem for help, the rapper's down-on-her-luck homeless sister-in-law has succumbed to her drug addiction, dying of an overdose, has exclusively learned.

Police in Warren Michigan confirmed Dawn Scott, 40, died Tuesday of "an apparent heroin overdose, pending a toxicology test," in Unit D-39 of the Motor City Trailer Park, just a 15-minute drive from where she grew up with the Eminem, also known as Marshall Mathers, on Detroit's gritty 8 Mile Road.

Article continues below advertisement

Scott's death comes only four months after she exclusively told how her brother-in-law, whose worth $170 million, had left her to die on the street.

"I have a millionaire brother-in-law and a sister with money up the a**, but they're refusing to give me any help," Scott said.

Scott is not only the twin sister of Eminem's wife Kim, but also the birth mother of the couple's adopted daughter Alaina. They've known each other since they were kids.


What's more, Les Martin, with whom Scott lived on-and-off for the past four years, said he pleaded with Kim during numerous phone calls over the last year to help her sister.

"I've been trying like hell to save her life," Martin said. "I've had numerous conversations with Kim about trying to get her help and it just wasn't a conversation she wanted to have."

"She wanted to let Dawn go. I was so frustrated I was like, 'Do you have a $10 million insurance policy on her?'"

As previously reported, Scott had been homeless since 2014, bouncing from couch to couch and even spending nights sleeping on the street.

"One night I called my sister and told her I had nowhere to go," Scott told in August. "She said, 'That's not my problem. Don't bother me,' and hung up."

Martin tells that Scott was, "doing any kind of drugs she could get her hands on."

"Heroin, cocaine, Adderall. If it was a pill, she would take it," Martin said. "Klonopin were her downfall. She was swallowing them things like candy."



More From Radar Online

    Opt-out of personalized ads

    © Copyright 2024 RADAR ONLINE™️. A DIVISION OF MYSTIFY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK INC. RADAR ONLINE is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Cookies Policy. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services. Offers may be subject to change without notice.