Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily

SUBMIT

Jon Gosselin Says TLC 'Tried To Keep Us Together' During Messy Divorce With Kate

Jan. 27 2016, Updated 3:59 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

When Jon and Kate Gosselin decided to split six years ago, the network for their hit-show, Jon & Kate Plus 8, apparently went to great lengths in order to keep them together.

During his recent interview on The Steve Harvey Show, Jon, 38, revealed exactly what happened around the messy divorce in 2009.

"We knew we were going to get divorced and then TLC tried to keep us together for the benefit of the show. So I quit," Jon revealed during the interview, which aired on Monday, January 25. "I said, 'I'm not having my divorce filmed. I'm not having it aired out for the public's consumption. And I'm not having reruns so my children can keep on watching the demise of their parents.'"

Article continues below advertisement

After Jon left the show, Kate went on to star in Kate Plus 8, a spinoff series that's still on air and features the former couple's big brood.

"I just took a moral stance versus a business stance. I lost everything," Jon shared of the fallout after leaving the program. "I lost all my money. I lost everything. The network sided with my ex-wife."

As Radar previously reported, Gosselin also revealed that he hasn't seen all of his children together in three years.

"I only get what I get," he confessed. "Whoever comes down the driveway, that's who I get."

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.