Five West Point USMA Cadets spring break went south in Florida after overdosing on Fentanyl.
Florida police have reportedly arrested alleged 21-year-old drug dealer Axel Giovany Casseus in Florida Saturday.
Casseus was arrested for selling fentanyl-laced cocaine to a group of West Point cadets who overdosed over their spring break trip to the sunshine state.
"Four cadets were taken to hospital. Of the six people involved, one person was not taken to hospital, and one was not a cadet. Five USMA cadets in total were involved. Two of the cadets remain hospitalized," a West Point spokesman told The Post on Saturday.
The school's representative added that the incident is “currently under investigation.” The identity of the students has not been made public, and it is unclear what disciplinary punishment they might face as a result of the drug use.
- Crime Photos: Postal Authorities Thwart Major Fentanyl Trafficking Network With Pills Smuggled in Toys
- Drug Dealer Gets A Mere 5 Years In Prison For Giving Pills That Led To An Overdose Death. Here's why.
- Mac Miller's Drug Dealer Sentenced To 11 Years In Prison After Supplying Late Rapper With Fentanyl-Laced Pills
Casseus was able to be identified after an undercover police officer was successfully able to purchase 43 grams of cocaine from him for $1,000.
The Florida drug dealer reportedly admitted to selling drugs to the West Point cadets after his phone was confiscated and showed his contact to the vacationing military students.
Fentanyl has become a leading cause of drug death in the United States over the past few years. The drug is a synthetic opioid that is up to 50 times stronger than heroin and 100 times stronger than morphine. The drug is believed to flow into the country across the southern boarder originating from Chinese chemical labs operating through Central America.
As of 2019, deaths related to Fentanyl rose to over 36,000 deaths a year. The drug has seeped its way into other drugs sold across the country effecting spring break students looking for a high to some of the biggest names in entertainment.
One of the biggest names to die of a reported Fentanyl overdose was American rapper and music producer Mac Miller. The 26-year-old rapper died in 2018 after being found unresponsive in his Studio City home by his personal assistant. Miller was pronounced dead at the scene.