A man claims he was disfigured after a hit-and-run incident involving a car owned by Tory Lanez.
In the suit, Barry explains he was driving his 2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe Turbo around Florida on January 23, 2021. He says an unknown driver operating a 2016 Range Rover owned by Tory allegedly caused a “chain reaction rear-end collision striking one vehicle propelling that vehicle into Plaintiff’s vehicle.”
The suit claims the driver of Tory’s car caused a hit and run accident and “fled the scene.” The documents claim the car was later found abandoned on 1-95 in Miami.
The plaintiff says the crash caused him to sustain serious injuries and property damage. Barry blames Tory’s negligence for playing a role in the crash.
In the suit, Barry says his injuries include disfigurement, physical and mental pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of earning capacity, a permanent injury, significant scarring, and out-of-pocket expenses.
Barry accuses Tory of giving the unknown driver permission to drive the car. He is demanding more than $30,000 in damages. He believes Tory and the insurance company should pay him the difference between his car’s value before the accident and its value after the repairs are made.
Barry’s lawyer filed documents to serve Tory which listed the rapper’s Miami penthouse. Tory has yet to respond to the lawsuit in court.
As Radar previously reported, Tory is having quite a couple of weeks. He narrowly avoided being thrown in jail after prosecutors accused him of violating a court order. The court order said Tory was prohibited from coming near Megan Thee Stallion.
Tory's powerhouse attorney Shawn Holley was able to convince the judge not to throw the book at her client. Instead of sending him to jail, the judge only decided to increase his bond from $190k to $250k.
He is still facing criminal charges over the shooting incident. A hearing is scheduled for tomorrow in the case.