Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily

SUBMIT

Axed 'Real Housewives Of Orange County' Star Braunwyn Windham-Burke’s Husband Representing Himself In Eviction Lawsuit, Admits Owing Back Rent On Newport Beach Mansion

Jul. 19 2021, Published 4:49 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Real Housewives of Orange County star Braunwyn Windham-Burke says the lawsuit over back rent has ruined her reputation and is demanding it be thrown out of court.

According to court documents obtained by Radar, Braunwyn’s estranged husband Sean Burke is demanding their landlord’s lawsuit be thrown out.

Article continues below advertisement

As we first reported, earlier this month, the former reality stars were hit with an eviction lawsuit accusing them of owing $45,000 in back rent.

The landlord Karen Ogden says she leased her 5-bedroom, 6 ½ bathrooms, 8,000 sq. ft. Newport Beach mansion to the couple in January 2020. The lease was to last for a one-year and six-month.

Article continues below advertisement
braunwyn windham burke eviction lawsuit  sean no lawyer court rhoc r
Source: @braunwynwindhamburke/Instagram

Per their deal, Braunwyn agreed to pay $15,000 a month in rent. The landlord said the couple refused to pay up on the money owed and is demanded the court kick them out immediately.

Article continues below advertisement

The lawsuit came days before Braunwyn and Sean announced they were separating after 27 years of marriage. She announced she was moving to Hawaii with their kids and Sean would be staying in Newport Beach.

Neither mentioned they were being sued over unpaid rent. In newly filed documents, Sean denies owning the landlord any money. He claims to have sent some of the payments to her via wire.

Article continues below advertisement

In the response, which he filled out without a lawyer, accuses Ogden’s suit of being “vague” and “ambiguous.” He also says there is “no cause” for the eviction lawsuit.

braunwyn windham burke eviction lawsuit  sean no lawyer court rhoc r
Source: @braunwynwindhamburke/Instagram
Article continues below advertisement

Sean attached a bunch of bank statements which he claims show he paid a portion of the rent. Sean admits that some payments were made late and he still owes money.

However, he pointed to the pandemic relief that was in place by the government. He doesn’t believe the lawsuit should have been filed in the first place.

Article continues below advertisement

Braunwyn’s husband also attached an email he sent to the lawyer who filed the suit. He wrote to them explaining his last payment was made on June 30th, which was 25% of the full arrears.

He told the lawyer, “Please be aware that our family is very public, and word of this filing has already hit many news channels in this country. It is severely impacting Braunwyn’s reputation and as a result her income.” He pleaded with the lawyer to drop the eviction lawsuit.

Article continues below advertisement

The court has yet to rule.

braunwyn windham burke eviction lawsuit  sean no lawyer court rhoc r
Source: MEGA
Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.