The widower of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer accidentally shot to death by Alec Baldwin on the set of a movie in October, is “so angry” at the actor not only for failing to take responsibility for the tragic and heartbreaking incident but also for the way Baldwin spoke about her death during interviews following her passing.
During his own interview scheduled to air Thursday, Matt Hutchins revealed that he blames Baldwin for his wife’s death, as well as "industry standards that were not practiced" on the set of Rust – the movie being filmed at the time of the fatal incident.
"The idea that the person holding the gun and causing it to discharge is not responsible is absurd to me," Matt told Hoda Kotb, a co-anchor for TODAY.
"But gun safety was not the only problem on that set,” Matt continued. “There were a number of industry standards that were not practiced and there’s multiple responsible parties.”
As Radar previously reported, Baldwin has repeatedly denied responsibility for the death of Halyna in a number of interviews since her passing.
In early December, while sitting down for his first interview just more than one month after the incident, the 63-year-old actor insisted he didn’t pull the trigger of the prop gun that fired the bullet killing Halyna.
During another interview, this time with ABC News, Baldwin once again denied responsibility for the death of Halyna.
“Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can’t say who that is, but it’s not me,” Baldwin said.
This comment, as well as the way the 30 Rock actor spoke about the entire situation, reportedly made Halyna’s husband furious.
"Watching him I just felt so angry," Matt shared. "I was just so angry to see him talk about her death so publicly in such a detailed way and then to not accept any responsibility after having just described killing her."
On Tuesday, February 15, a lawyer for Halyna’s husband and son filed a lawsuit against Baldwin on behalf of the Hutchins family, suing the actor for the wrongful death of their wife and mother.
The investigation into the incident is still ongoing, but shortly after the tragedy took place, Baldwin reportedly hired a powerhouse legal team to prove his innocence in the matter.