The official court document, called a nolle prosequi, was filed by Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe with the Nantucket District Court in Massachusetts on Wednesday, July 17.
As Radar previously reported, William Little, the now-18-year-old son of former Boston television anchor Heather Unruh had accused the 59-year-old House of Cards actor of groping him in the Nantucket bar and restaurant The Club Car in 2016.
However, Little dropped his civil lawsuit against Spacey on July 5. Despite Spacey’s legal victory, he had, until now, still been fighting serious felony assault and battery charges stemming from the alleged incident.
Serious cracks began to form in the case when Spacey’s attorneys requested that the phone Little used at the time of the alleged crimes be turned over. William’s attorney said the cell phone was not in his client’s possession.
After the revelation, a source told Radar that the district attorney’s office was “backpedaling on the case, possibly due to the missing phone issue.”
Spacey has always maintained his innocence, and called the teen’s accusations “patently false.”