Following his shocking shooting, Boston Red Sox icon David Ortiz has been released from the hospital!
As RadarOnline.com readers know, the baseball player was shot in the back while hanging out with friends at the Dial Discotheque in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic on Sunday, June 9.
A motorcyclist allegedly shot him, and “the bullet went through his stomach,” said spokesperson Felix Durán Mejia. Ortiz underwent surgery and had his gallbladder and part of his intestine removed before he flew back to Boston where he was treated at Massachusetts General Hospital.
“His condition is guarded, and he will remain in the ICU for the coming days, but he is making good progress toward recovery,” his mother Tiffany Ortiz said at the time in a statement.
Now, the MLB player has returned home and will be monitored by full-time nurses as well as his physician. The state of his condition will be reported as early as next week.
As Radar reported, five men were detained in connection with the shooting with the police in search of yet another suspect. Since then, according to ESPN, the total of people arrested increased to 14.
The motive still remains a mystery.