Authorities on both the state and federal level are investigating a limousine crash that left 20 people dead over the weekend and a source tells RadarOnline.com exclusively that charges are "imminent" after authorities discovered the man behind the wheel shouldn't have been driving.
"It's likely that charges are imminent," a source who spoke under the condition of anonymity as the investigation is ongoing told Radar Monday. "All routes are being pursued at this time."
The National Transportation Safety Board has yet to disclose the name of the limo company.
Radar told you first, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo told reporters Monday morning that the man driving the limo did not have an appropriate license to be operating it and the car itself failed an inspection last month, making it unfit to be on the road.
Radar readers know that the limo was carrying wedding celebrants when it collided with another vehicle Saturday afternoon, leaving 20 dead.
Robert Sumwalt, Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board said Saturday's crash was "one of the biggest losses of life we've seen in a long, long time."
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.
For the biggest celebrity news stories of the day, controversies, crime, and other hot topics listen to our new podcast ‘All Rise’ below!