Jarrod Ramos has been identified as the crazed gunman who shot up a Maryland newspaper in Annapolis on Thursday, according to NBC News.
Multiple law enforcement officials told the outlet the 38-year-old sued Capital Gazette newsroom in 2012 for defamation but the case was tossed by a judge.
As Radar readers know, five people died at the hands of the shooter who opened fire outside of a Maryland newspaper, according to local authorities.
Police also confirmed at least seven victims were wounded by the gunfire.
The original 911 call stated there was an was active shooter situation – and within moments — a young intern at the newspaper sent a chilling tweet.
“Active shooter 888 Bestgate please help us,” Anthony Messenger wrote.
By the time the tweet was out, law enforcement was already sweeping the location.
A crime reporter at the newspaper, Phil Davis tweeted: “Gunman shot through the glass door to the office and opened fire on multiple employees. Can’t say much more and don’t want to declare anyone dead, but it’s bad," adding, "There is nothing more terrifying than hearing multiple people get shot while you’re under your desk and then hear the gunman reload.”
Patients were transported via helicopter.
President Donald Trump said on Twitter that he had been briefed on the shooting and that his thoughts and prayers were with the victims and their families.
"Prior to departing Wisconsin, I was briefed on the shooting at Capital Gazette in Annapolis, Maryland. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. Thank you to all of the First Responders who are currently on the scene."
We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.