SUBMIT
BREAKING NEWS

Sandra Bullock's Stalker Kills Himself After Standoff With Police

Sandra Bullock Stalker Kills Himself After Standoff With Police
Source: BACKGRID

May. 2 2018, Updated 9:49 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

The stalker who terrorized Sandra Bullock, causing the actress to call 911 after he broke into her home in 2014, is dead.

Joshua Corbett, who was released from a mental health facility last year, got into a standoff with police officers at his Los Angeles home on Wednesday morning, May 2. The cops went to his place to arrest him for violating his probation, but instead of surrendering peacefully, he reportedly threatened harm on them and barricaded himself in his home.

Article continues below advertisement

During the standoff, Corbett, 43, killed himself, RadarOnline.com has learned.

"Joshua Corbett is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head," a source told Radar. "An arrest warrant was issued because he failed to appear for a required April 23 probation hearing in court.

"Under terms of his probation, he also wasn’t allowed to have any firearms in his possession, which he did at the time of his death," the insider revealed.

On the morning of June 8, 2014, Corbett jumped a fence to access Bullock's Hollywood Hills home and broke into her mansion.

Bullock, now 53, who was alone in the house, was awakened by a strange knocking sound, and saw a man when she peeked out her bedroom door.

The Blind Side actress made a frantic call to 911, in which she told the dispatcher, "I'm in my closet. I have a safe door in my bedroom. I've locked it and I'm locked in the closet right now."

Article continues below advertisement

Terrified Bullock asked on the call about the responding police, "Are they close?"

Officers found Corbett at Bullock's home. He was immediately arrested on charges of suspicion of felony burglary, stalking and weapons charges.

According to the AP, after being taken into custody, "He said, 'I'm sorry. I love you Sandy,'" Los Angeles police Officer Jose Bermudez noted.

In 2017, Corbett was sentenced to five years of probation for stalking Bullock and breaking into her home after he pleaded no contest.

In addition to probation, a 10-year protective order was issued against Corbett. He was also ordered to seek continued treatment at a mental health facility. He was released from the treatment center sooner than expected, in 2017, and Bullock had obtained a restraining order requiring him to stay 200 yards clear of her until June 2022.

But now, Bullock's nightmare has had a dramatic end.

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? Email us at tips@radaronline.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.