Get Your Fresh Intelligence Daily

SUBMIT

Madonna 'Trying To Mediate' In Custody Battle Over Son Rocco

Madonna Custody Battle Rocco Ritchie Mediate
Source: Instagram/@madonna

Feb. 26 2016, Published 4:22 p.m. ET

Link to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Email

Finally! Madonna has been making progress in winning back son Rocco Ritchie after weeks of messy custody court battles.

"Madonna and Rocco have been talking," a source close to the 57-year-old told Us Weekly. "They are trying to mediate themselves."

As Radar previously reported, trouble started when Rocco, 15, refused to return to the U.S. (and his mother) over the holidays, after he had accompanied her for the first leg of her Rebel Heart tour. Instead, he opted to stay in London with his dad, director Guy Ritchie.

Article continues below advertisement

Allegedly angry over the teen's disobedience, Madonna sought a court order shortly thereafter, ordering Rocco to come home. Unfortunately for the singer, her efforts were unsuccessful.

"Guy is very relaxed, while Madonna is strict and regimented," the source said. "She is saying things will be different."

In the meantime, Madge has been busy posting throwback photos of her son, sending messages of love his way.

"I miss this boy so full of life so full@of@love! I hope we see that Leo Sun soon," she wrote alongside a nostalgic snap of Rocco on Monday. "The light is blinding!"

A custody hearing was originally scheduled for Feb. 3 in New York City but was rescheduled for March 2 because of Madonna's hectic tour schedule.

Advertisement

© Copyright 2021 Radar Media Group LLC. Radar and RadarOnline are registered trademarks. All Rights Reserved. People may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Offers may be subject to change without notice.