George Zimmerman Wears Disguise And Body Armor When Out In Public, Feels Threatened
George Zimmerman feels so threatened one year after the senseless killing of Trayvon Martin that he wears a disguise and body armor when he goes out in public, RadarOnline.com is reporting.
Attorney Mark O'Mara told CNN that after Zimmerman killed 17-year-old Trayvon in what he claimed was self defense, he remains in hiding and "can't go out in public without wearing a disguise or body armor."
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, a candlelight hoodie vigil was held for Trayvon on Tuesday night with crowds rallying in New York and Florida to remember the slain teen.
Trayvon was gunned down by Zimmerman on the night of Feb. 26, 2012, as the teen walked through a gated community carrying candy and iced tea.
Zimmerman is currently free on $1 million bail but is due back in court March 5 for a pretrial hearing ahead of his second degree murder trial starting in June, and maintains he acted in self defense — claiming he used “reasonable force” and that the death of Trayvon was “all God’s plan.”
O'Mara said Zimmerman has been "very stressed and very worried" about the upcoming trial.